CAF Homepage

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Great weekend!!

Well after a very slow start to the weekend with what seems like a mild case of food poisoning from some bad tuna fish that kept me off the bike on Friday and Saturday it ended up very nicely. I used the time off the bike to do a little studying up on the MDC and the CAF as well as some time on the XX1090 Scott & BR website just in case the immunity challenge was going to be on these topics sooner then later.
Well as it turned out Sunday was the challenge that had to do with all 3 and I felt pretty good when I saw the test, but as usual once I got the test and started to write down the answers my mind went totally blank. Now I remember why I did so poorly in school, all that studying and then forget everything when the test arrives. But lucky me I got just enough right answers correct to win the immunity for the week and this was a critical week to get it as there were 2 guys cut from the team today to take us down to 8 riders. The 2 Jesse's who won the immunity last week with the Internet voting are the 2 guys who were cut today. I hope this is not the trend this coming week since I have immunity now.
After a nice 48 mile ride during our recovery week we were lucky enough to have CAF line us up with breakfast at the La Valencia Ranch Santa Fe Spa which is one top notch place to hang out. We as radio contestants got to hang out with all the other CAF riders on what was a beautiful day in San Diego. That is where we learned who won the immunity and my breakfast tasted a little bit better. Now I need to figure out how I am going to decorate the immunity helmet.
This was the 2nd time in a week the CAF group got together as we also got together at Dean Roepers house in RSF which is one of the nicest houses I have been in. The radio group got together each time to discuss what we will be doing as far as fundraising and mapping out a nice game plan for raising funds for CAF.
After leaving the Rancho Valencia I headed to the Del Mar Race Track to meet up with Sayaji and the girls as well as another 5 families for some fun in the sun with great friends. As it turned out the last race we stayed for I hit a $433 exacta which made our weekend just a little more special.
Well going to try and get in some much needed mileage this week as our Sunday rides will be getting longer with more climbing and the heat is on its way which will make for some long days in the saddle. Feeling good about where I am as far as fundraising just need to get one more decent sum from that one special person to get me over the top. So far I am on track with funds raised and also fitness. Today weight is 185.5 with my goal to be at 180 come October 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment