CAF Homepage

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Fundraising

Well there is no riding to report for this week as I am taking the coaches advice and using this week as a scaled back rest week. Plus the fact that work is killing me and there just is no time to hit the roads this week until maybe Saturday morning. So I will spend 2 nights in the garage doing some leg workouts trying to strengthen the quads and hamstrings for the bike.
I have been very busy brain storming on how to help the XX1090 Scott & BR Cycling Team raise some extra $ so more then just the winner can make it down the coast. So with the generous help of two friends Jim Lewis and Bill McAlister I have gotten 3 bowling balls so far to take to the lanes and raffle off for the league bowlers. I was told they could each fetch about $400-$500 each if I hit all the leagues at both Kearny Mesa and also Mira Mesa. So if so I am looking at about $1,200 from the balls and another $1,000 to $2,000 from a bowling challenge a friend of mine John Sowell has been most generous about putting up $1,000 to the winner of who can beat me by the most pins in a single heads up game. If I can manage to beat all 10 bowlers in a single heads up game then the $1000 prize goes to CAF along with the $100 that each bowler will be required to pay CAF just so they can bowl the 1 game match. I am looking forward to helping out in any way I can for a group of people who are very remarkable, Brian, Danielle, Keith, Mark and Dave all are simply great people doing great things for a great cause and I hope all 6 of us can make the trip south next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment